Body and natural detox diets are quickly becoming the most efficient way to lose weight while ensuring premium health and wellness. In fact, recent research demonstrates that Body Detox and Natural Detox Diet result in significantly improved health and greater weight loss and energy production.
Body and Detox Diets
Most detox diets work the same way, using natural foods and supplements, including fruit, vegetables and water, to flush the body of harmful chemicals and toxins. Many nutritionists believe that pollution, pesticides and treated water contain small amounts of harmful contaminants. Overtime, these harmful chemicals and toxins accumulate in the body, often in our fat cells, and may cause health issues. Since most detox diets use fruit and vegetables as food sources, the diets tend to be low in fat and calories and result in weight loss.
As the body removes these harmful toxins from the body, the body’s fat burning hormone production and metabolism return to a more normal function; some say they detox diets “reset” the body’s vital functions; supporting additional weight loss.
In addition to weight loss, experts report that natural detox diets have many health benefits, including allowing organs associated with digestion a time to repair and recover, improved energy production, increased liver function, and improved circulation.
How to Detox Your Body
For best results, nutritionists and dietitians recommend a detox diet that lasts between 3 and 5 days; however some detox are effective when used as periodic one-day diets. While detoxing, dieters avoid most solid foods, opting to consume fruits, vegetables and supplements in the form of raw, natural juices.
Specific steps to take when detoxing your body include:
- Drink 2 to 3 quarts of spring water every day
- Increase fiber intake by consuming high fiber vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and beets.
- Support healthy liver function by drinking a cup of hot water with fresh lemon juice twice a day; once in the morning and again in the evening. Healthy liver function is also supported through supplementing with green tea, dandelion root and milk thistle.
- Increase daily intake of antioxidants and vitamins; fresh raspberries, blueberries, lemons and oranges are great sources.
- Remove inflammation from the body by supplementing with fresh or ground ginger and turmeric.
- Include fat-burning foods and probiotics, both proven to increase the production of leptin, the body’s fat burning hormone.
Including probiotics in a detox diet is an important, but often overlooked, step in the cleansing process. Probiotics are good bacteria located in the digestive system. Probiotics are not only essential to a healthy digestive system, but also for supporting against 170 known health conditions, including weight gain and obesity.
When detoxing, probiotics can be included in the diet through high quality probiotic supplements, or through food that are rich in probiotics and proven to assist in the gut cleansing process. These gut-cleansing foods include sauerkraut, kimchi, fermented cucumbers, fermented squash, fermented eggplant, and fermented turnips, and unsweetened plain yogurt. All of these foods are rich in probiotics, which will assist your efforts to detox and lose weight. For a full list of the top cleansing detox foods go here —-> free top 10 detox foods